POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lost library of Alexandria - 252K : Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 5 Oct 2004 05:48:55
Message: <41626e06@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> Very nice
> But...
> Dit they get the books safe before the fire?

Nope - it burned down in total. Lots of knowledge was lost - I have heard it
postulated that if the library had not been burned down, we would have been
far more advanced today than we are. Apparently lots of knowledge was lost
that had to be rediscovered many years later.

> And is not Beethoven (if I don't mistake)a bit anachronistic in this
> context? ;-)

Yes :) - I did not have a fast internet connection when doing the scene in
2000 and grabbed the first human-like model I could lay my hands on. But I
admit that Beethoven does not quite cut it in the Library...!
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician